Vocabularies & Common Data Elements (VCDE) Workspace
This Cross Cutting Workspace is responsible for evaluating and integrating systems for vocabulary and ontology content development, as well as software systems for content delivery. They are also responsible for developing standards for the representation of ontologies and vocabularies used throughout caBIG®, as well as assessments of existing systems presented as caBIG® compatible. This Workspace also has limited responsibility for vocabulary and ontology content development, when specific and required content does not exist in a form usable by caBIG®. Learn more about the VCDE Workspace Vision and Mission.
- Vocabulary Knowledge Center
- VCDE Workspace Wiki
- Meeting Notes
- CDE Browser
- VCDE Listserv
- VCDE home on GForge
- Participating Organizations
General Workspace Meetings
3rd Thursday of each month
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST
Teleconference Information: Phone Number: 1.888.889.1279 Passcode: 79566
Adobe Connect Information: http://cbiit.acrobat.com/vcdews
- Federal Lead: Sherri de Coronado. Phone: (925) 377-5959
- Face-to-Face Meeting Materials (2004 to present)
- Access caBIG® Standardized Data Elements at the caDSR Wiki for a downloadable version of all CDEs with Registration Status = "Standard" in Microsoft Excel format.
- Access historical Compatibility & Certification to learn more about caBIG® Compatibility Guidelines, developed jointly with the Architecture Workspace.
- Access historical VCDE Policies, Guidelines & Whitepapers.
- Access older VCDE Working Group information at the VCDE Archives
- Data Standards (governance model, review process, candidate standards, accepted standards)
- Vocabulary Standard Governance and Review Processes
- Access current VCDE Working Groups and Projects at the VCDE Wiki